Be the Voice for Active Young People on April 23, 2015
Every day Jaycees impact the world by solving real needs and by defining what their community can look like for the next generation.
This week, all JCI USA members and Alumni are challenged to make sure our voice is heard to eradicate malaria in our generation and for generations to come.
Join the #JCIUSAEngage500 efforts and call your federal representatives on Thursday, April 23 to let them know that you, as a member of the Jaycees, support the President's Initiative to support funding for the eradication of malaria. This guide will help you know who to call, when to reach them, and what to say.
After you have called, use #JCIUSAEngage500 and tag your government officials (example: @senrandpaul) to let the social media world know that as a Jaycee, you are the voice for active young citizens representing change in our world!
Join the fight for World Malaria Day (April 25). Click here to access the Nothing but Nets toolkit of materials.
National President's Office Hour
Your membership in your local organization also provides you opportunity to attend National Meetings and Conventions. Listed below are some of the award recipients from our recent Convention in Nashville, TN as well as information about other upcoming National events. Submit your resume to become a trainer at an event, join us for a cruise, or plan your trip to Houston this Fall to be a part of voting for your next National Officers. Information about all of this, and more, is listed below.
1. Congratulations to everyone recognized in Nashville, TN at the JCI USA Convention.
A full listing of the 2014 Year-End Award Recipients can be found here. Scroll to the Awards section, or type "awards" in the search field.
All photographs from the event can be found here.
In addition, congratulations to the First Timer Winner, Ryan Thomas, who will receive a full registration to the Annual Meeting in Houston, Texas in September.
2. ONTO World Congress Kanazawa. April 30 is the last day to take advantage of installment payment options if you wish to attend JCI World Congress in Kanazawa. The ONTO Kanazawa package can be found here.
3. A Call for Trainers Any member interested in offering a training at the National Convention in Houston, TX in September 2015 has until May 31, 2015 to submit an application of interest presenting the training idea and resume of eligibility for that training.
JCI USA is looking for business skill trainings. To find the application,log in to www.jci.cc and then the on-line application can be found here.
Hello State and Chapter leaders,
This is your First Monday e-mail, sent to all state and local leaders to help you help your members take advantage of every Jaycee opportunity.
April Focused Message
Sustainability / Global Impact
Each of us has a responsibility to maintain the environment. As a global organization, Jaycees work together to create better environments and sustainable communities. Highlighted Programs / Ideas:
• Nothing but Nets (World Malaria day)
• Earth Day
• JCI Resources
• Active Citizen Framework
• Global and National initiatives (such as Leukemia & Lymphoma Society)