Monthly Focused Message
· Each month this year is themed. Each theme centers around our mission and vision. The February theme is ‘Entrepreneurship’.
· Focus: Running a business, benefits of being a small business owner, starting businesses, PMG’s, celebrating Jaycees who have started their own businesses (highlighting past and present).
· Note: While taxes and legal documents are a part of this conversation, due to the varying state laws across the country, it will be mentioned in general terms only and recommended to seek advice from in-state counsel.
· Each month we will also highlight one or two national programs or resources relating to the theme. The highlighted program/resource for February is the Project Management Guide. A copy of the Guide in Word is attached.
· National Awards deadline is February 16. Awards PM Sandy can answer all questions email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
· February 28 is the next submission deadline for Civic Leadership Certification. Because there were problems with the database last week, the January 31 deadline to have officer information updated has been extended to February 28. States and chapters should participate in this fantastic program which provides guidance on building a healthier organization. Email email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> for more information and to submit materials. CLC forms for 2015 are attached.
· Don’t forget to register<https://www.jci.cc/event/nationalmeeting2015> for the National Convention in Nashville, TN, March 26-29, 2015.
Additional Items of Importance
· Each month National President Jennifer holds office hours. It is an open forum for members to call in to ask questions and share ideas. February office hours are February 16 from 8:00-9:00pm Central. Join the call:
o Phone number:712-432-1500
o Access code: 404403#
From the Desk of National President Jennifer
“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.”
Congratulations! As 2015 officers, we have been in office for one full month. One month of working to better understand our roles, implement our ideas, and work to build a stronger organization. While there are 11 more months to continue to work hard and make a difference, that hard work needs to start now, right now! Don't let today pass you by without completing something that will bring you one step closer to accomplishing your 2015 goals, whether in your role as a Jaycee officer, in your personal life, or in your professional life. Right now, commit to being better!