July Focused Message
Health and Wellness
Intent: Healthier citizens today leads to a stronger community for tomorrow. We must first be proactive in our own heath to be the example as we also help others. Highlighted Programs / Ideas:
* Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
* Go Kickball, Health and Hotness
* Being proactive in your own health
August Focus Message
Planning for tomorrow
Intent: “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Benjamin Franklin. We must be always thinking about building a stronger future as we attend to the events of today. Highlighted Programs / Ideas:
* Succession Planning
* Planning your Transition
· Membership Conference Call - Open to all Chapter and State Membership Officers: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 (tomorrow) at 8:00 PM Central. Join in to hear more about two great topics from two guest speakers:
o How to "Close the Deal": Guest Speaker: Past national President Jeff Lank
o Rebranding and growing your chapter: Guest Speaker: Chapter President Robin, JCI Indianapolis
Call-in information is: 317-374-2258, access code: 317-374-2258#. Attached is the agenda for the call.
* National President’s Office hour: July 20, 2015 at 8:00 PM Central.
This is an opportunity for any member to call in and talk with National President Jennifer
* Phone number: 712-432-1500
* Access code: 404403#
* New Member Orientation: July 29, 2015 at 9 PM Central
Webinar start times and registration information is found here<http://www.jci.cc/local/media/usa/18989/2014-Webinar-Registrations-Now-Open>. Be sure to bookmark this page and check it frequently as webinars are continually added.
· 100 Days of Impact
The 100 Days of Impact Campaign has officially launched as of July 5, 2015 and will continue until October 13, 2015. Plan your event today that will impact 100 people, whether as 100 acts of kindness (one every day as JCI New York is promoting), planting 100 trees as many of the South America National organizations are doing, or any other event that impacts at least 100 individuals lives. This campaign is in conjunction with the 100th anniversary celebration of the Jaycee movement. Add your project to the Project Impact 100 database<http://www.jci.cc/100years/impact100/commit>.
Additional Items of Importance
· The White House extended an invitation recently to JCI USA National President Jennifer Ray, as part of a broad invitation to key stakeholders and major supporters of the United Nations Foundation/Nothing But Nets anti-malaria initiative. Unfortunately, NP Jennifer was unable to attend due to already being scheduled to visit with the US JCI Senate Convention in Minnesota on the same day.Due to the short notice of the White House invitation, she sent Matt Trivet, Past Maryland Jaycee State President, Nothing but Net Champion, and 2007 TOYA recipient, to represent her. Matt provided a great report that will be published shortly.
The outstanding work of JCI USA on the United Nation’s anti-malaria initiative has resulted in more than the recent White House invitation. In May NP Jennifer was extended an invitation to join Melinda Gates of the philanthropic Gates Foundation for lunch. She also attended a New York City reception with the President and CEO of Gucci, celebrating the ten-year anniversary of the Gucci - UNICEF - United Nations Foundation partnership.
President Jennifer stated: "These recent invitations are the result of the hard work of the US Jaycees every year for the last three years in building a partnership with the United Nations Foundation Nothing but Nets program. The highly successful inaugural JCI USA National Summit, this June in Washington DC, further solidified our reputation as a key player among in the public policy/Millennial Development Goal arena.’
· The Jaycee Nothing But Nets 2015 Campaign continues this summer with numerous meetings and activities, including:
o Executive Team members meeting with their in-district representatives
o Omaha Jaycees Beer and Bacon festival booth
o JCI Florida planning numerous events
and many more. If you have a Nothing But Nets event that you would like included in the schedule (as well as having President Jennifer visit for the event), please immediately contact JCI USA NBN Coordinator Chrystal at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
· Houston Annual Meeting Update: Do not procrastinate booking hotel rooms<https://www.jci.cc/event/annualmeeting2015> for the Houston annual meeting. To guarantee lodging, rooms must be booked before August 1.
From the Desk of National President Jennifer
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
This year we celebrate 100 years of making an impact through a movement that would become known as the Jaycees. When Henry Giessenbier began bringing together young men in St. Louis in 1915, he had no idea that 100 years later, and thousands upon thousands of members later, we would continue to be a force to be reckoned with. He simply saw a need and recognized that the men people in the community could find the solution.
Who knows what we may start today that will be around for the next 100 years, and until we start it, we will never know. Take an action today and let the effects of that action take root for a better tomorrow.