September Focused Message
Building your Brand
Intent: Every action taken must be in compliance with our mission, our vision and our values and becomes the true “brand” behind the logo. Highlighted Programs / Ideas:
• Building an Online Presence
• Highlighting the implementation of Adopt-A-School programs
October Focused Message
100 Years of Impact
Intent: Celebrating our 100th Anniversary of Jaycee Impact! Highlighted Programs / Ideas:
• Project Impact 100
• 100th Anniversary Movie Debut (October 13, 2015) - See attached sheet for more information. Go ahead and plan a showing!
• Kick-off to the five-year countdown for the JCI USA 100th Anniversary
· JCI USA TwitterChat - September 21 at 7:00 PM Central
o Join members of JCI USA across the country on this month's TwitterChat focusing on "Building your Brand" Join in at #JCChat
* National President’s Office Hour – September 21 at 8:00 PM Central.
This is an opportunity for any member to call in and talk with National President Jennifer.
* Phone number: 712-432-1500
* Access code: 404403#
* New Member Orientation: September 30 at 8 PM Central.
Webinar start times and registration information is found here<http://www.jci.cc/local/media/usa/18989/2014-Webinar-Registrations-Now-Open>. Be sure to bookmark this page and check it frequently as webinars are continually added.
· State Presidents Call – No call in September. Instead, State Presidents will meet with SPC Laurence in person in Houston at the Fall meeting.
· 100 Days of Impact
The 100 Days of Impact Campaign has officially launched as of July 5, 2015 and will continue until October 13, 2015. Plan your event today that will impact 100 people, whether as 100 acts of kindness (one every day as JCI New York is promoting), planting 100 trees as many of the South America National organizations are doing, or any other event that impacts at least 100 individuals lives. This campaign is in conjunction with the 100th anniversary celebration of the Jaycee movement. Add your project to the Project Impact 100 database<http://www.jci.cc/100years/impact100/commit>.
Additional Items of Importance
· Week of September 21, 2015 - Join an International Twinning Effort and COLLABORATE!!
JCI London is officially inviting all members of JCI to join them in celebrating the United Nations International Day of Peace as a reminder of our routes in this organization. Their goal is to bring together 100 countries in honor of the 100th Anniversary (last year they had 30+ countries participate). There are three ways to participate:
1. Take a picture of members holding a peace sign.
2. Celebrating with a flash mob dance and recording it.
3. Organize a community event related to peace.
You can check who is participating and what they are doing by visiting the world map http://bit.ly/1e3CLRi
For more information, contact JCI London member Rafael: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
· All members gather in Houston TX for the 2015 annual meeting<https://www.jci.cc/event/annualmeeting2015> of the United States Junior Chamber. Business to be conducted includes the election of 2016 national officers. All members are invited to attend.
· Registration for State Presidents Retreat<https://www.jci.cc/event/spr2016> (training for 2016 state presidents) and Leadership Training<https://www.jci.cc/event/ltu2016> University (training for 2016 chapter presidents and their boards) is open!
· The JCI Senatorship processing office will not be able to process Senatorships during the World Congress time-frame. The Senatorship processing office will be unavailable from October 24 to November 15. Anyone needing a Senatorship during this timeframe, or during the 3 weeks thereafter, will be wise to submit their paperwork prior to October 24.
· Attached is information about fourth quarter closeout. Please review it carefully and ask if you have any questions.
From the Desk of National President Jennifer
"From within the walls of the soul of this organization, wherein the foundation of character and citizenship are laid, I hope a message will come forth in the sometime of tomorrow that will stir the people toward the establishment of a permanent and everlasting world peace."
- Henry Giessenbier, Founder
It was 100 years ago that Henry Giessenbier created the organization that would become the Jaycees and impact millions of people lives for many generations. With the development of Junior Chamber International, our international component, came the premise of working to establish world peace. While it is sometimes hard to identify what one action in our community can do to affect the entire world, don't let that stop you from taking that first action today - providing help and support for those who need it, developing members into leaders to take on the challenges of tomorrow. That one action can ripple into a global movement. After all, the Jaycees were started as one man's answer to one problem.