Relay for Life - The American Cancer Society
The United States Junior Chamber and the American Cancer Society: committed to the fight against cancer! The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service. Since 2008, The United States Junior Chamber has formally partnered with the American Cancer Society through participation in Relay For Life events across the country. The Jaycee commitment to the American Cancer Society has resulted in an expanded partnership to defeat cancer.
The 2013 Relay For Life program has begun and you can now register your teams and begin your fundraising efforts. To register your team and show your Jaycee Pride with the American Cancer Society, it is very easy to get started...
- Visit the US Jaycees Relay for Life Page HERE
- Click on Find a Relay, and search by zip code or City and State to find the RFL that your team wishes to participate in.
- Once you have found your event, click on the blue "event website" link
- Select Sign Up
- Select Start a Team
- Enter your Team Name. Please Use your Chapter Name and two letter state code in your team name (Example "Your City, State Jaycees")
- Next, VERY IMPORTANT STEP, Click the Team/Company Organization Drop down box, scroll down and select JAYCEES
- Continue through the registration process....and save. In order for your team to show immediately on the USJC/RFL website, please make a minimum of a $10.00 donation. (Even though your team is registered it will not show online until your first online donation is received)
- Please make a print screen of your registration confirmation, for future reference if needed.
- You are now registered to FIGHT BACK with ACS and the US Jaycees. Your team will be viewable through your local RFL event website and on the US Jaycees/RFL Non Corporate Team Page. The best part--no additional reporting is required for US Jaycees, all online donations are tracked automatically through the website. Offline donations are also reported to your USJC RFL Program Manager on a regular basis. Of course teams are encouraged to verify their information from time to time and report any discrepancies or ask any questions...anytime.
You can raise money directly through your team site, team members can email friends and family, personalize their individual pages, and share their fundraising efforts with their Facebook Friends.
Please be sure to take photos at your Relay Fundraisers and Events. Photos and stories can be submitted to your USJC Relay PM. Chapters are also encouraged to submit their stories to the US Jaycees Magazine.
The US Jaycees are committed to FIGHTING BACK alongside the American Cancer Society. We ARE making a difference and saving lives together!
Sign Up, Set Up, Start Fundraising
How Your Dollars Make a Difference
How to Add USJC Affiliation
US Jaycees Relay for Life Webpage